Please see our Classes & Schedule page for
MAY LONG WEEKEND SCHEDULE
Come visit us on the May Day field Saturday and enter your name in our draw for a free 4-class pass!
- Saturday, May 18: Back Essentials – cancelled due to parade
- Sunday, May 19: NEW class – Level 1&2 yoga, 9:30am
- Monday, May 20: Beginners/Level 1 yoga 9:30am (as scheduled)
– Monday, May 20: afternoon Level 2 is cancelled
Whether you are looking for a warm and welcoming place to find energy for the season, or to slow down and release tension and stress, our schedule has something for everyone, offered in a calm, healing, non-competitive environment.
Located in the heart of Madeira Park on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, our aim is to provide you with personalized attention on your journey to a balanced body and mind, and to help you to cultivate strength, flexibility, and calm focus with awareness.
Yoga & Movement Classes
As always, all ages, genders, and fitness levels are welcome at In Touch Therapeutics Studio! We also have many classes available for those who are brand new to yoga. Check out the Classes & Schedule page for suggestions.
Private sessions of yoga are also available upon request. Our experienced instructors can give you an individual assessment and program suited to your needs, activity level, and lifestyle.
Brigit Garrett, RMT provides healing and stress-relieving massage therapy sessions weekdays between 11am-5pm. Call (604) 883 3655 to book. Learn more…
Cara Mackenzie, Holistic Health Practitioner, provides a variety of relaxing spa services to soothe your body and mind. Learn more…
Sept. 17, 2012, from Susan J.:
“Thank you In Touch for a much needed week of yoga. Your blissful studio in Maderia Park is just what I needed to restore a sense of balance and peace. Brigit’s instruction and constant checking in with yogis makes all the difference. Her slight adjustments help to fully and comfortably benefit from the pose. In fact I enjoyed my daily week of yoga at In Touch I am already looking at booking into another week next year! Thank you again – I already miss your studio!”
Benefits of Yoga and Massage Therapy
- Injury prevention. Nurtures joints, strengthens bones, balances symmetry of muscles & postural alignment.
- Helps increase flexibility and release tension.
- Increases circulation and lung capacity, directing oxygen to all parts of body
- Enhances digestion and detoxification
- Balances your endocrine system; regulates hormones that affect energy, mood, and mental states.
- Soothes and sedates your nervous system
- Increases Pranic Flow, energy flow to all parts of body (Chi)
- Improves mental state for better concentration and focus.
- Helps with the rehabilitation of old and new injuries, surgeries.
- Heals chronic tension patterns, occupational pain patterns in muscle and fascia.
- Increases overall sense of well-being.
- The Yogic Way (Red Door Yoga) – free quarterly online magazine
- Why downward-facing dog is so good for you (Huffington Post)
- Celebri-Yogis! What do Robert Downie Jr., Alec Baldwin, Beyoncé, Ryan Gosling, and Lady Gaga have in common? They all make yoga a regular part of their lives. (Check out these celebrity yogi articles from YogaDork.com)
- Yoga boosts women in recovery from breast cancer treatment (Vancouver Sun)
- Yoga helps lower cholesterol
- Yoga and stretching help alleviate chronic back pain (Huffington Post)
- Yoga gives men more flexibility and core strength
- Why Dudes should Practice Yoga (Huffington Post)
- 5 Reasons why dudes should practice yoga (Mind Body Green)
- Yoga for Guys: top 3 reasons “a little stretching” is everything we need (Mind Body Green)
- Why I Heart Yoga Dudes (Mind Body Green)
- Yoga for anxiety and depression (Harvard Medical School)
- Yoga can help you beat depression (Psychology Today)
- Yoga protects the brain from depression (The Telegraph UK)
- 6 yoga poses for depression and anxiety (Huffington Post)
- Yoga to improve your sex life